UK residence cards

UK residence cards


You can no longer apply for a UK residence card, also called an EEA biometric residence card (BRC). UK residence cards

You cannot use your UK residence card to confirm your right to live, work or rent in the UK.

To continue living in the UK, you need another type of permission to stay, such as settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

Do not miss your chance to get in touch with our teams. We are making residence permit of your choice at affordable prices. Just reach us on our website and share your requirements. We will complete your order and send it to your address. Order Now! 

For more information on how to Buy Residence Permit Online kindly message us

You need to prove your right to work online or prove your right to rent online instead.

A UK residence card or BRC is different from a ‘biometric residence permit’ (BRP). You might have a BRP if you have a visa for more than 6 months, indefinite leave to remain or certain Home Office travel documents. BRPs say ‘residence permit’ on them.

If you have settled or pre-settled status

You can continue to use your residence card until it expires. You can use it to:

  • re-enter the country if you travel abroad
  • help prove you qualify for certain benefits and services

You can also use the online service if you need to view your status or prove it to someone else.

If you’re not from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein

If your residence card is expired, lost or stolen, you need to get an EU Settlement Scheme BRC to re-enter the UK before you travel abroad.

If you’re outside the UK when your card needs replacing, you need to apply for an EU Settlement Scheme travel permit to get into the UK.

If you do not have settled or pre-settled status

You cannot use your UK residence card at the border to enter the UK unless you applied to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30 June 2021.

If you have not applied to the EU Settlement Scheme, you might still be able to apply. If your application is successful, you’ll be able to live in the UK for 5 years with pre-settled status or indefinitely if you get settled status.

If your UK residence card has not reached its expiry date, you can use it as proof of identity when you apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

The deadline to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme was 30 June 2021 for most people.

You can still apply if you or a family member were living in the UK by 31 December 2020 and one of the following applies:

  • you have a later deadline – for example, you’re joining a family member in the UK
  • you have reasonable grounds for being unable to apply by 30 June 2021 – for example, you had an illness, or were the victim of domestic abuse

If you’re joining a family member, you can apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to come to the UK, and apply to the EU Settlement Scheme once you’re here.

Check if you can still apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

If you cannot apply, check what type of visa you’ll need to come to the UK.

UK residence cards

Leave a comment